Instant pudding mix and cake mix cut the preparation time for this delicious cake that is loaded with grated chocolate chips. I often make it for weekend guests and work luncheons. It always goes over well.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes: 12-15 Servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while slightly warm. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1 piece: 396 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.